If you’re looking for sun, nature and fine sandy beaches to recharge your batteries, plus a wide range of sports, festivals and other events, you’ll find everything you’re looking for at La Grande Motte.
An exceptional location
• At the gateway to La Camargue and Provence. • 20 kilometres from Montpellier and 30 kilometres from Nimes.
Enjoy the greenest seaside resort in Europe, listed as a “Patrimoine du XXe siècle/20th century heritage site” by the Ministry of Culture and Communications. Discover its symbols and works of art as you stroll around the town, as well as its buildings and parks that blend together to form an amazing open-air museum.
Head for the sea
Bordered by the Mediterranean Sea and the Ponant Lagoon, La Grande Motte offers you all the fun of the sea. Our reputation has grown from the wide range of maritime activities on offer, plus the high standard of facilities.
• One of the very few ports currently being extended, it boasts a water sports centre (Centre Nautique), the CEM (Mediterranean Training Centre) that offers courses in offshore racing, a vibrant Yacht Club and the internationally renowned Outremer catamarans
• A full range of maritime and leisure activities: kite surfing, stand-up paddle, rowing, sailing, jet-ski, etc. • Major nautical events : the International Multihull Show…
• 244 hectares of parks and green open spaces that cover a third of the town
• A scientific project to restore the Mediterranean seagrass beds
• 25 km of bicycle lanes and pedestrian paths • Our engagement to safeguard Mediterranean turtles
A vibrant town
The restaurants, the new casino, the spa, the golf course, the tennis courts… are just some of the many places where you can experience those special moments. Not to mention the numerous must-see events: the Nuits d’Or with musical firework displays, the Nuits de Scène featuring open-air concerts, the Air Show, the carnival and many others beside…
Without forgetting our 7 km of fine sandy beaches...